The following principles and associated practices ensure that we manage our investments with integrity, balancing economic goals with good corporate citizenship.
- Environmental Stewardship: Use natural resources efficiently throughout our portfolio and commit to understanding, minimizing, and managing any environmental impacts resulting from our operations. Aim to protect and enhance the ecosystems and communities that surround us while delivering value and accountability to our many stakeholders. Train employees at all levels to exercise environmental stewardship as it applies to their responsibilities.
- Employee Well-Being: Meet or exceed all applicable labor laws and standards in jurisdictions in which we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages, providing safe work environments, and implementing non-discriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices. We also aim to have zero serious safety incidents across our operations and assets and adhere to a comprehensive set of health and safety practices that support the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and others who come into contact with our operations.
- Community Engagement: Engage with community groups potentially affected by our actions to ensure that their interests and concerns are appropriately integrated into our decisions.
- Governance, Ethics & Fairness: Operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Corporate Citizenship: Empower our employees to participate in, and use our resources to give back to, the communities in which we operate.
- Transparency: Be accessible to our investors, responsive to requests for information and timely in our communications.