Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $225 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our business model is simple: utilize our global reach to identify and acquire high quality real assets at favourable valuations, finance them on a long-term, low-risk basis, and enhance the cash flows and values of these assets through our leading operating platforms to earn reliable, attractive long-term total returns for the benefit of our partners and ourselves. We have a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage our expertise and experience and provide us with a distinct competitive advantage in the markets where we operate.
Our strategic operating and investment initiatives include:
- Building and maintaining “best-in-class” operating platforms in real assets that form critical backbone of economic activity;
- Expanding funds under management and foster strong client relationships to provide growth capital and enhance cash flows with asset management fees;
- Actively managing our capital by maintaining high level of financial liquidity, execution capability and operational flexibility to capitalize on growth opportunities; and
- Organically grow our operations through both acquisitions and development activity, as well as operational improvements.
We create value for shareholders in the following ways:
- As an owner-operator, we aim to increase the value of the assets within our platforms and the cash flows they produce through our operating expertise, development capabilities and effective financing;
- As an investor and capital allocator, we strive to invest at attractive valuations, particularly in distress situations that create opportunities for superior valuation gains and cash flow returns, or by monetizing assets at appropriate times to realize value; and
- As an asset manager, by performing the foregoing activities not just with our own capital, but also with that of our clients. This enables us to increase the scale of our operations, which differentiates us from others, and enhances our financial returns through base management fees and performance-based income.