Client Relationship Manager/Product Specialist
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield’s Private Funds Group is comprised of a global team of about 50 professionals located in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. The primary focus of the Private Funds Group is to raise capital for Brookfield’s private funds from institutional investors worldwide. The Private Funds Group (“PFG”), is responsible for the fundraising of third party capital for Brookfield’s global private funds. To date, PFG has raised approximately $80 billion, including $26 billion from Brookfield since 2001.
There is currently an opportunity for an experienced Client Relationship Manager based in Sydney or Melbourne, working alongside the Private Funds team and reporting to the Head of Asia Pacific, Private Funds Group.
- Leading and managing Brookfield’s Private Funds marketing activities in Australia, specifically:
- Leading Brookfield’s fund and co-investment marketing activities
- Building on the number and depth of existing Brookfield relationships
- Increasing Australian institutional capital commitment to Brookfield funds
- Supporting client prospect due diligence processes
- Supporting existing clients’ fund investment servicing
- Conducting research into prospect organizations and competitor analysis
- Supporting Australian real estate opportunities (Product Specialist)
- Supporting the real estate fund management team in all aspects of the product development of future Australian funds and opportunities
- Working with the Fund Managers and offshore CRMs in the launch and ongoing marketing of opportunities
- Working with the investment teams to directly market funds and opportunities to Australian institutional investors
- Providing ongoing product specialist support to existing investors in Brookfield’s funds
- An appropriate undergraduate degree in accounting/finance/law. Post graduate qualifications in finance (eg. CFA, MBA, CA/CFA) would be highly regarded
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in investment banking, corporate finance, asset management consulting or fund placement
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in either the real estate, infrastructure and/or private equity industries
- Strong analytical capabilities and investment reporting experience
- Fund structuring, development, administration experience with unlisted closed and/or open ended funds
- Involvement in fund marketing, product specialist or investor relations activities
- Extensive knowledge of, and relationships with Australian super funds and consultant groups including navigation of key decision makers and investment committee processes
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- The ability to develop strong internal and external networks
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and creative problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and proactivity
- Extensive experience working in an international organization/team