Client Service Associate
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
The Firm is seeking a Client Service Associate to join the Client Service team in its Chicago office. This person will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for servicing a global institutional client base that is invested across all public securities strategies. This person will work closely with the entire Marketing and Client Service team and will regularly interact with investment, finance, operations and legal professionals as well as senior management. The role also involves assisting with business development efforts as requested.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly client reports
- Create presentations for current clients and prospective investors; assist with presentation design
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information and investment analyses
- Assist in eVestment consultant database population
- Perform peer group analysis and monitor performance utilizing eVestment and Morningstar Direc
- Provide support to sales team members related to meeting prep and follow up
- Ensure that all client needs are consistently met and strive to exceed client expectations
- Other marketing and communications related projects as requested
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Investment management industry experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with public securities strategies and knowledge of alternatives strategies is beneficial
- Strong writing, proofing, formatting and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, placing a high priority on accuracy
- Exceptional analytical, project and time management skills
- Highly organized, proactive and resourceful
- Strong team player with ability to independently manage a full workload and respond to shifting priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce CRM, Seismic, eVestment and Morningstar Direct a plus
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.