Vice President, Fund Manager
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
A new opportunity has arose for a Vice President, Fund Manager to manage the USD 6 billion in assets invested across Asia through the Singapore office, especially those emanating from India in Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Equity.
This will involve oversight of all fund related activities across the Asia regions that are managed through the Singapore office. It will require being appointed as a Director on the relevant Brookfield entities within Asia (where possible).
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring the on-going management of corporate structures and associated fund operations across Asia, in respect of the assets held through Singapore. This will include liaison with Brookfield corporate departments: Compliance, Funds, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Tax, Treasury and external advisers
- Liaise with all Brookfield platforms operating, or intending to operate, in Asia jurisdictions
- Work proactively with teams to understand deals in the pipelines, their status, next steps as well as all corporate actions/events connected with the on-going management of assets acquired or to be acquired through Singapore. Ability to drive the required support from the Singapore team in order to meet the deadlines associated with these deals and asset management activities
- Work closely with India to establish and manage sufficient deal lead times. Understand and ensure red flag issues, in these complex cross border transactions, are highlighted well in advance and addressed pro-actively
- Provide the required asset management and ongoing oversight of assets across Asia (through Singapore) and ensure the required documentary support thereof
- Structure third party investments in Brookfield products
- Provide transactional support by assisting with informational and due diligence needs
- Appointment as a Director on boards of all Brookfield Asia entities (as required)
- Hold relevant licences (where possible) to operate within each Asia jurisdiction
- Maintain a regular presence in the Asia jurisdictions, as required
- Act as a Representative on local management committees
• Degree in law, accounting, finance, tax or other relevant tertiary qualification with an exemplary academic record
• Minimum of ten to fifteen years experience in Fund Management with a focus on cross border transactions / structures
• Background in accounting, legal, tax and / or finance
• Experience in foreign jurisdictions and cross border investments
• Exposure to Asia would be highly desirable