Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield Asset Management (Japan) currently has an opportunity for a Vice President to join the Property team in Tokyo. This role presents an opportunity to expand Brookfield’s Property and Private Equity platforms in Japan and primarily involves identifying, underwriting and executing property investment opportunities (including industrial, retail and residential opportunities) that meet the criteria of Brookfield’s investment strategy.
- Developing Brookfield’s property and private equity (PE) profile and business in Japan
- Leading participation in business development, transaction strategy and execution for property opportunities with the support of the Global Property, PE, Infrastructure and Renewable Power and investment teams
- Conducting research to support the development of investment strategies and identifying transaction opportunities
- Analyzing opportunities using sophisticated spreadsheeting
- Originating opportunities from agreed business cases
- Planning acquisition strategies, conducting due diligence and finalizing negotiations
- Preparing investment committee presentation material and other documents
- Working with other parts of the Brookfield Property, PE, Infrastructure and Renewable Power organizations as necessary
- Assisting in fundraising initiatives for future Brookfield property and PE funds in Japan/Asia as required
- Conducting special projects as required
- An appropriate degree in Finance/Accounting preferably from a Western University
- Experience I business development, financial analysis, transaction execution and corporate finance
- 7-12 years of property/private equity investment experience (particularly in Japan)
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to speak fluent Japanese and excellent English
- The ability to work proactively to identify and advance transactions
- A strategic and long-term focus with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A team orientated approach with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- A good understanding of the Japan markets, participants and future trends
- A proven network within Japan and across Asia with the ability to build strong relationships that create opportunities for Brookfield