Career Posting Page
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield Capital Partners
Brookfield’s Energy Group is responsible for deploying capital along the oil and gas value chain including upstream, midstream and downstream opportunities. The Group is also responsible for the management and stewardship of those assets already owned in the funds and cultivating through the business cycle.
- Associate within our oil and gas private equity team
- Key deal team member across all aspects of an investment life cycle, including origination, execution and asset management
- Extensive financial analysis and valuation modeling
- Prepare and present detailed presentations for internal investment committees and external stakeholders, including fund investors
- Work independently within a focused transaction team, with lead responsibility across key new transaction work-streams including: fundamental research, financial modeling, transaction due diligence and asset management
- Assist in crafting and executing business development strategies that lead to origination of proprietary investment opportunities
- Manage and coordinate internal financial reporting needs for portfolio investments
- Participate in the financial and operational activities of portfolio investments, including assisting management teams with the evaluation and execution of M&A and financing corporate development initiatives
- 3-7 years of relevant work and transaction experience within a leading investment banking, private equity or business development team
- Top tier undergraduate degree, ideally in finance, economics, business or accounting
- Sector knowledge within energy considered an asset
- Master’s degree in business or finance, or other relevant accreditation (e.g., CFA, CPA) considered an asset
- Able to work independently within a small, dynamic deal team
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting
- Excellent Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint presentational abilities
- Professional with a positive attitude, and a proven record of high performance
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- High level of emotional intelligence and an ability to cope with changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written), and able to interact across all levels of the organization