Associate, Strategic Initiatives
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $50 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, energy and communication infrastructure sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
This Associate role presents an opportunity to assist in the identification, screening and recommendation of potential investment opportunities. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Brookfield’s Infrastructure group, this role is ideally suited to a self-motivated individual seeking a dynamic work environment who will (i) compiling industry and company research, (ii) performing financial analysis, (iii) creating operating and financial models, (iv) conducting due diligence and (v) assisting in the preparation of required written materials relating to potential investment opportunities and existing portfolio companies.|
- Prepare financial models and valuations for investment opportunities, including supporting financial analyses.
- Conduct research to support the development of investment strategies and/or identify transaction opportunities.
- Assist with establishing investment theses and identification of value creation strategies including developing ideas for a transaction/deal structure.
- Support the validation of the business case supporting an acquisition and identify key transaction issues.
- Working with legal, tax and other internal teams, assist the transaction execution process, including ensuring transaction documentation and structuring are consistent with the business case.
- Prepare investment committee presentation materials and other documents such as bid letters.
- Work in a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters collaboration, personal development.
- Conduct special projects as required.
- Assist the SVP in implementing the business development and transaction strategy.
This position offers an opportunity for growth within the Infrastructure team and wider Brookfield Asset Management group. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Experience in financial models or corporate financing.
- Infrastructure industry experience is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively to advance a transaction.
- Strategic and long-term thinker with strong analytical, and creative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to provide direction and coaching to team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.