Senior Financial Analyst
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $50 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, energy and communication infrastructure sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and Australasia.
As a key member of the Brookfield Infrastructure Finance Private Funds Team, you will report to the Manager, Finance and work alongside a strong team to build a ‘best in class’ finance function within the business group. The incumbent will assist the Manager, Finance with all analyses, planning and reporting as well as provide support to the Vice-President, Finance and key business leaders within the Infrastructure team.
- Preparation and review of investor reports, including performance reporting and financial reporting in accordance with Investment Company Accounting.
- Compile, analyze and report on Brookfield’s corporate and key business platforms including operating metrics.
- Monitoring and reporting of treasury, derivatives, risk, liquidity and capital management. Manage fund operations, including compliance, controls and investor requests.
- Supporting fund raising efforts by providing analyses and reports used for marketing purposes.
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations on financial and operational results.
- Special projects as required.
This position offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth within the Infrastructure team and wider Brookfield Asset Management group. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA preferred);
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of progressive work experience in accounting functions;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving ability;
- Exemplifies the right motivation by aspiring to achieve collective goals;
- Penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the position requirements and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.