Associate, Global Listed Infrastructure Securities
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield Investment Management Inc., is seeking an Associate, Global Listed Infrastructure Securities to provide analysis and recommendations to the investment team and portfolio manager in order to assist in making investment decisions. S/he will be primarily responsible for Brazilian infrastructure securities and real asset credit coverage. This includes listed credit and equity assets within the following Brazilian asset class categories: regulated utilities space, transmission grids, transportation infrastructure within the toll road sector and rail sector, and airports.
- Analyze debt capital instruments within the Brazilian financial environment, utilizing understanding of Brazil Development Bank (BNDES) financing structures, Brazil's evolving private INFRA focused debt credit market, and historic perspectives on Brazilian regulatory regimes to underwrite equity stakes in regulated Brazilian listed INFRA assets
- Perform fundamental research and recommend securities for inclusion in a long and long-short portfolio as part of the fundamental input to the firm's portfolio construction process
- Attend management meetings and asset visits, perform financial modeling, and obtain input from the broader firm and external research firms
- Develop independent views and assumptions on stocks, markets or regions utilizing best in class research to determine buy/sell decisions in a collaborative investment process
- Run portfolio analytics across all different strategies and assist portfolio managers and analysts in tracking stock price movement relative to other positions in the portfolio
- Construct and maintain portfolio analytics models in excel. S/he will compile portfolio models and relevant material for portfolio management meetings
- Assist other divisions of the company such as Marketing, Client Service, and Operations in retrieving data and conducting analysis as it pertains to the team's portfolios
- Communicate portfolio decisions to the Trading Group, monitor portfolio Buy/Sells, and update portfolio models
- Responsible for all Brazilian company coverage. S/he will also have some responsibility for Latin American coverage and support regulated utility for continental Europe.
- Travel to Latin America 2-3 times per year required
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Economics, Finance, or related field
- 4 years of experience in analyzing infrastructure and listed and non-listed infrastructure securities and IPOs
- 4 years of experience in listed Credit and Equity specifically in the following Brazilian asset class categories: regulated utilities space, transmission grids, transportation infrastructure within the toll road sector and rail sector, and airports
- 4 years of experience in analyzing debt capital instruments within the Brazilian financial environment, including Brazil Development Bank (BNDES) financing structures, Brazil's evolving private INFRA focused debt credit market, and historic perspectives on Brazilian regulatory regimes to underwrite equity stakes in regulated Brazilian listed INFRA assets
- 4 years of experience with following private equity industry best practices to complete due diligence processes and financial modeling methods to value infrastructure assets
- 4 years of experience with valuing and underwriting fixed income instruments for listed and non-listed companies
- 4 years of experience working with global opportunity sets including European and Latin American infrastructure assets
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their resume to the following:
Brookfield Investment Management
Attn: Monica Dallio, Human Resources
71 S Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606