Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
The position involves the analysis of high yield and investment grade corporate debt issues for the firm’s corporate credit investment strategies. Focus will be on credits (bonds and loans) with real asset characteristics, which provide cash flow stability, specifically infrastructure and REIT related credits. The ideal candidate is an investment professional wishing to make significant contributions to global fixed income portfolios within a team-based environment, and a growing business.
Recommendations are made to the Portfolio Manager in order to assist in making the best and most informed investment decisions.
This role is based in Boston.
- Undertaking fundamental research and recommend securities, both primary and secondary issuance, for inclusion in the global fixed income portfolios. Research includes analyzing financial statements, financial modeling, attending management meetings, reviewing bond covenants, and inputs from the broader firm and external research firms
- Participating in investment team meetings, relative value discussions, and offer research perspective on portfolio construction
- Forming independent views and assumptions on credits, markets and/or regions utilizing best in class research to determine buy/sell decisions in a collaborative investment process
- Assisting with the execution and trading function as it pertains to fixed income asset class
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline
- 2+ years of investment experience (buy or sell side)
- The following would be considered assets:
- experience investing in international markets
- successful completion of, or current enrollment in the CFA program
- experience covering real asset or energy related industries from a fixed income perspective
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should include a cover letter and writing sample.