Vice President, Canadian Investments
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity, with over $250 billion of assets under management.
Based in Toronto and New York, we have over a 100 year history as an owner and operator of real assets, offering a range of public and private investment products and services which leverage our expertise and experience. We have more than 700 investment professionals and 55,000 operating employees working in 30 countries around the world. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield Property Group, one of Brookfield’s primary businesses, is a leading global investor in real estate, owning and operating an irreplaceable portfolio of iconic properties located in the world’s most dynamic markets. Our real estate portfolio spans multiple asset classes, including office, retail, multifamily, industrial, hospitality, self-storage and student housing in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Across our public and private investment vehicles, we generate superior returns by focusing on real estate fundamentals – leasing, financing, development, construction, and property and facilities management. Brookfield Property Partners is publicly listed on the NYSE (BPY) and, TSX (BPY.UN).
- Deal origination
- Screening and assessment of investment ideas and themes, developing relationships with management teams and advisors both internally and externally
- Commercial, legal and financial due diligence
- Financing and related negotiations and documentation
- Developing exit strategy with the deal teams and managing exit activities on a day to day basis
- An understanding of Canadian real estate markets across various asset classes
- An understanding of Canadian public debt and equity markets
- A proven track record of sourcing investment opportunities both in private and public markets
- The Vice President, Canadian Investments will report to and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Canadian investments team.
- This person will be a member of the real estate team responsible for the support and execution of deals in a cradle-to-grave investment environment including due diligence, acquisitions underwriting, deal modeling, participating in deal structuring, financing, negotiation of terms and oversight asset management.
- 8-10 years of real estate experience with an investment background and relevant market knowledge
- Strong conceptual and financial skills and ability to envision the “big picture”, while being “hands-on” and maintaining close attention to detail
- An understanding of investor relations, marketing, financial reporting and legal/regulatory and compliance
- Self-motivated, results-driven, entrepreneurial and proactive with strong organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated business judgment, leadership and management skills
- Ability to garner respect internally and externally