Director, Consultant Relations
Location: Chicago/New York
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $285 billion of assets under management. For over 115 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships.
The Public Securities Group¹ leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 25 years and has over $16 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.¹Brookfield Investment Management Inc., the entity under which our Public Securities Group operates, is a registered investment adviser with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
The role of Director, Consultant Relations will be to organize, build and manage the consultant relations function for Brookfield’s Public Securities Group (PSG). This will include developing and maintaining strong relationships with investment consultants and key decision makers and influencers at target firms; keeping apprised of consultant-related activities undertaken by others in the Brookfield sales team (including work with field consultants) and regularly communicating all consultant interactions to the team; and effectively promoting and positioning PSG, including our thought leadership and our investment products, to the consultant community.
The overarching goal of the consultant relations professional will be to increase awareness and enhance the brand name of PSG with investment consultants. The role will focus on both sales and service to ensure consultants include PSG in relevant searches and that PSG’s strategies acquire and maintain positive ratings.
- Meet with research and field consultants (in concert with relevant sales team member) at target firms on a regular basis to develop their knowledge of PSG, our capabilities and investment strategies
- Establish active dialogue with consultants to ensure we receive regular and constructive feedback on our products and share this input broadly across the firm
- Provide timely and complete resolution of consultant inquiries; coordinate with client service to ensure consultant questionnaires and RFPs are responded to in a timely, comprehensive manner
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and strengthen relationships with field consultants and ensure that communication with field consultants is coordinated and maintained
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with sales, product and investment teams, client service, legal and others to ensure the successful sale of PSG products
- Deliver timely and relevant feedback to sales team and other internal colleagues. Track activities in Salesforce
- Work with counterparts at Brookfield Asset Management to coordinate Brookfield messaging and optimize consultant interaction and sales opportunities
- Participate in consultant and industry conferences
- Focus on U.S.-based and Global Consultants – especially where research is conducted in the U.S. and Canada. UK and European Consultants may be handled separately
- Focus will be (especially initially) on Firms/Products where PSG products are unrated. Legacy relationships to be transferred to the Consultant Relations professional over time
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Economics, Finance, or related field
- 5 – 7 years of business development experience
- 7 – 10 years of experience in financial services industry
- Series 7 & 66
- Approximately 30-40% travel required