Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $285 billion of assets under management. For over 115 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships.
The Public Securities Group¹ leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 25 years and has over $16 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.¹Brookfield Investment Management Inc., the entity under which our Public Securities Group operates, is a registered investment adviser with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Reconcile separately managed portfolios and mutual funds on a daily basis to various custodians and fund administrators
- Research and resolve cash, position and market value discrepancies
- Aggregate and distribute monthly and quarterly reporting to clients, consultants, and custodians
- Confirm ad-hoc contributions and withdrawals and enter into trading system
- Collect and compile responses to audit requests
- Maintain strong relationships with custodian banks and prime brokers
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and oversee implementation of changes
- Assist with special operational projects as requested
- Provide back-up support for other Reconciliations team members
- Respond to margin call requests
- Verify gain/loss calculation of currency hedges
- Assist with the onboarding of new clients and custodian changes
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- 3-4 years of operations experience within an investment advisor is highly preferred
- Able to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization along with clients, brokers and custodians
- Client servicing mindset with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of investment management software including SS&C Advent Geneva, Eze OMS, Electra’s eSTaARS or similar is preferred
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Experience with swaps, repos, margin calls, currency hedging, bank loans a plus
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.