Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $285 billion of assets under management. For over 115 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships.
The Public Securities Group¹ leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 25 years and has over $16 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.¹Brookfield Investment Management Inc., the entity under which our Public Securities Group operates, is a registered investment adviser with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Review and resolve pre-settlement discrepancies to ensure timely settlement
- Process trades daily, communicate trade allocations to brokers, custodians and clients where necessary, verify trades settle on time, research and correct trade discrepancies, reconcile equity swap contracts
- Review and resolve post settlement discrepancies (i.e., failed trades)
- Review daily emails and reports to identify discrepancies or issues requiring timely resolution
- Escalate unresolved trade and settlement discrepancies to management as needed
- Work with brokers and custodians globally on international trade settlement issues in several markets
- Submit spot FX transactions to various counterparties; settle Forward FX transactions
- Resolve any missing confirm issues and failing trades with brokers/custodians
- Contribute to management reporting
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-4 years of banking or financial services experience highly preferred
- Understands market settlement procedures and restrictions
- Communicates professionally and constructively with internal and external clients and counterparties to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Very strong attention to detail
- Able to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels of organization, and with clients, brokers and custodians
- Strong client orientation with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to establish prioritieBs, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of investment management software including Geneva, EzeCastle, eSTaARS, Omgeo ALERT and CTM are advantageous
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.