We may update this Website Policy from time to time and you are responsible for periodically reviewing the most current version posted on Brookfield.com. Your continued use of the site following the posting of a revised Website Policy on Brookfield.com constitutes acceptance of the updated Website Policy.
This website, including all content, design, marks and layout, is the property of Brookfield, Brookfield affiliates, or Brookfield service providers and subject to copyright, trademark and other laws. No intellectual property rights with respect to this website are granted or extended as a result of making the website available. The content on the Brookfield.com website may not be reproduced, republished, used or modified without Brookfield’s express written consent.
The content on Brookfield.com is for informational purposes only and is not investment, professional, legal or other advice. Website users agree to bear all risks associated with their use of the website, including any reliance on the availability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, usefulness or appropriateness of the website or its content. None of the content on Brookfield.com is an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, financial products, investments or other services.
Certain information contained on this website may constitute “forward-looking statements” as defined in applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements include statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, and include statements regarding Brookfield’s competitive strengths, goals, expansion, growth, future success, operations, business, financial condition, expected financial results, performance, prospects, opportunities, priorities, targets, goals, ongoing objectives, strategies, and outlook. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by terms such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “seeks,” “intends,” “targets,” “projects,” “forecasts” or negative versions thereof, or future or conditional verbs such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “would” and “could.” Although Brookfield believes that the anticipated future results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions and expectations in light of information available at the time such statement is or was made, no reliance should be placed on forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially. Some of the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations are discussed in the documents that Brookfield files with securities regulators in Canada and the United States. Except as required by law, Brookfield undertakes no obligation to update or revise statements or information on this website, whether as a result of new information, future developments, or otherwise.
With respect to performance, note that past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results and there can be no assurance that comparable results will be achieved. Any target returns disclosed on this website is for illustrative and informational purposes only and no assurance, representation, or warranty is made by any person that the target return will be achieved.
The Brookfield.com website is provided “as is” and “as available” without any representation, warranty or condition of any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or conditions of merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third-party rights. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Brookfield does not warrant that the website, including any projections, predictions, forecasts or other forward-looking statements relating to Brookfield’s performance available on the website, will be accurate, complete or up-to-date, or that defects, inaccuracies or errors on the website will be identified or remedied. No reliance should be placed on any information or forward-looking statements posted on Brookfield.com.
Brookfield.com or any part of the website may be periodically unavailable, and content on the website may be removed or modified at any time without notice. In addition, Brookfield may, in its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or cancel access to or use of the Brookfield.com website, for all or any one or number of users.
You agree that in no event shall you seek to hold Brookfield liable, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, exemplary and aggravated damages and damages for loss of use, profits or revenue) or any other remedy relating to the use, availability or content of the Brookfield.com website.
You agree to indemnify Brookfield, its affiliates and its representatives harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, suits, claims, demands, costs (including court costs and legal fees), fines and actions of any kind or nature whatsoever for which they may become liable, or which they may suffer as a result of your use of Brookfield.com, your breach, violation or non-performance of any term or condition of this Website Policy, or your violation of any third party’s rights relating to this website.
This website may not be used by persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction.
This website may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of other websites. Brookfield does not endorse other websites or their content by virtue of linking to them from Brookfield.com.
Some pages on Brookfield.com, or on third party websites that are linked from Brookfield.com, are available only to clients with registered accounts and log-on credentials. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your log-on credentials and account information, and for all actions taken on the website while logged on with your credentials. Therefore, you should not disclose your log-on credentials or account information to anyone else and you should choose a unique password that is not used on any other account or easily guessed by others. Brookfield reserves the right to suspend or cancel website accounts and log-on credentials at any time, for any, or no, reason and without notice. If you suspect that your log-on credentials have been compromised, please notify us immediately using the support contact information provided on the relevant account log-on page.
“Brookfield”, “we” or “us” means Brookfield Asset Management Inc., and its wholly-owned subsidiaries and certain publicly-traded controlled affiliates (Brookfield Business Partners LP, Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP, Brookfield Property Partners LP and Brookfield Renewable Partners LP).
“Personal Information” means information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, i.e. who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
Collection and Use of Personal Information on Brookfield.com
When you visit the Website, we will collect and process the following Personal Information about you from the following places:
- directly from you;
- from other sources; and
- when we generate it ourselves.
Such information may include (by way of non-exhaustive list):
- technical information collected by cookies about the services that you use, and how you use them which may include device-specific information, your navigation throughout the Website, and other technical and browsing preferences including your location and entry point to the Website; and
- information submitted as part of completing online forms on the Website.
Please note that our website does not respond to browser Do Not Track signals or other similar instructions.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed by Brookfield in any of the following ways and for the following purposes:
- for ongoing review and improvement of the information, content and services provided on the Website to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions such as cyber-attacks;
- analyze and report on Website traffic, marketing and usage trends;
- to allow you to use and access the functionality provided by the Website;
- to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
- for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
- to communicate with you in in response to queries submitted via online forms on the Website;
- verify your information, including information submitted via online forms on the Website;
- for in-depth threat analysis;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for the management and administration of our business;
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Information.
When we use Personal Information, we make sure that the usage complies with law, and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Information for a variety of reasons. These include:
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings; and
- the use of your Personal Information as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials; and
- offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems.
Disclosure of Personal Information Obtained Through our Website
Brookfield shares Personal Information among its affiliates and business units when it believes that it will enhance the services it provides, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and Brookfield’s policies and practices. In addition, Brookfield may disclose your Personal Information in the circumstances outlined below:
- to the extent required by law (for example, if Brookfield is compelled by an obligation or a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, including (without limitation) in order to investigate unauthorized attempts to modify the Website, install harmful files or cause damage to the Website or Brookfield), or to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- as part of a transaction, financing, or for other business needs (for example, if Brookfield sells any of its businesses or assets, applies for a loan, or opens bank accounts, in which case Brookfield may need to disclose your Personal Information to the prospective buyer, lender or bank, as the case may be, as part of certain due diligence processes); or
- if Brookfield or any of its affiliates, divisions or other segments is acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Information held by Brookfield about you will be accessible to the third-party buyer.
Links to Other Websites
Accessing Personal Information
On your written request, we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with access to Personal Information about you in Brookfield’s possession. However, given the nature of the information collected through the Website as described above, Brookfield may not be able to associate information in its possession with you personally.
Respecting and Responding to Your Privacy Concerns
You have the option to refuse or withdraw consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information through the Website, and we will respect your choices. In some cases, when you withdraw consent to the collection or use of personal information on the Website, you may notice reduced Website functionality or need to use alternative means of contacting Brookfield.
We will investigate and respond to questions or concerns about any aspect of our handling of Personal Information involving the Website.
EU Data Protection Laws
Where EU data protection laws apply, the provisions in this section will apply in addition to the general provisions set out above.
Pursuant to EU data protection laws Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is the controller of your Personal Information collected and processed via the Website.
For how long Brookfield will hold your Personal Information will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which Brookfield is using it: Brookfield is required to retain the Personal Information for as long as is necessary to satisfy or meet the purpose for which it was obtained or any other legal purpose.
- Legal Obligations: Laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which Brookfield must retain your Personal Information.
Where we transfer your Personal Information to another country outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of Europe, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Information;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Information;
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Information outside Europe.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Information when it is transferred outside Europe (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your Personal Information) by contacting us using the details below.
In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Information, you may have the following rights, and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Information and access to the Personal Information which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Information which you have provided directly to Brookfield;
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We strive to provide a website that’s accessible to people of all abilities. Our goal is to ensure that this website is as accessible to as many people as possible, and therefore we are committed to an accessibility standard that conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines are an internationally recognized benchmark for building accessible websites. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines explain how to make websites more accessible for people with disabilities.
Let us know how we can help you. We welcome input about how to help visitors get the best experience from our website. If there is information you think should be included on this page, or if you experience any difficulties accessing the site, please contact us at email@example.com.